Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th September 2017- results and reports

Saturday 16th September

NRFL Premier Division

BEADS  0 V  7 Boro Rangers
Grangetown Boys Club  3 V  2 Billingham Town Reserves
Redcar Newmarket  1 V  1 St Marys 1947
Redcar Town  3 V  1 Nunthorpe Athletic
Staithes Athletic  0 V  2 Guisborough United
Yarm & Eaglescliffe  0 V  1 Fishburn Park
Redcar Town are the new leaders of the North Riding Football League Premier Division after a 3-1 victory over Nunthorpe Athletic. They had to come from behind after Luke Smithyman put Athletic ahead inside five minutes, but goals from Jamie Lee, Stuart Poulter and Nico Weatherald saw Town leapfrog neighbours Redcar Newmarket into pole position.
Newmarket had to settle for a draw across Redcar, against Yarm-side St Marys 1947, who keep up their own top five challenge. Andy Tullock notched for Newmarket, while Chris Peacock netted his sixth of the season for the Saints.
Fishburn Park also go ahead of their Redcar rivals, after another excellent defensive display, this time, at Yarm & Eaglescliffe. The match turned on the hosts having two players sent off, following a first half brawl. Ian Danby and Daniel Ballantyne, were given their marching orders, while crucially, the Whitby side had unused substitute Jimmy Organ-Simpson dismissed for his role in the fracas. Mikey Kilpatrick then ensured three points for Andy Park’s men with the only goal, as they go second.
Boro Rangers are up to fourth after their fourth successive victory. Coy Blake struck a brace with further goals from Karl Barry, Stuart Rose, Jack Guy, Robbie Keenan and Jonny Squires as local rivals BEADS were brushed aside.
Meanwhile, Grangetown won a five-goal thriller over nearby Billingham Town Reserves, with Lewis Calvert netting twice and Darren Morrison also scoring. Town’s second string replied through Chris Larkin and Chris Onyedinma.
Finally, Guisborough United picked up their first-ever North Riding League victory after two second half goals saw off struggling Staithes. Paul Jack was sent off for United, eight minutes before half-time, but the bottom club were unable to stop Dean Wilson and Niall Crawley notching with two goals in six minutes, early in the second half.
The First Division saw leaders Redcar Athletic Reserves leading 3-1 at Stokesley Reserves, only for a serious knee injury to bring the game to a premature halt, after 34 minutes. Dan Caney had put Stokesley ahead, but Redcar hit back with three quickfire goals, from Luke Hartnett, McCorie Carmichael and Aaron Dale, before Jordan Walker suffered a suspected dislocated kneecap. The wait for emergency services meant the referee to abandoned the match. We wish Jordan a full and swift recovery.
Elsewhere, there was frustration for Bedale who travelled to take on Teesside University, only for the game to be postponed due to the students failing to field a side.
In one of the games that did run without hitches, Whitby Fishermens enjoyed their first victory since joining from the Scarborough League. Elliot Anderson and Jordan Purvis found the net, with goalkeeper Paul Cull awarded man of the match for his clean sheet against previously-free-scoring Great Ayton United Royals.
Finally, a dramatic 5-4 victory in the battle of the bottom two for Stokesley Armstrong Richardson over Middlesbrough & Teesside Sports Academy. Michael Gill netted twice, while Alex Grainge, Michael Howe and Sam Wilson also scored for AR. Omar Hussain, Harley Clarke (2) and Brian Caddick replied for the Academics. Loftus Athletic v New Marske Lakes United was postponed earlier in the week.
Sunday 17th September

NRFL Under 19 Division

Boro Rangers  5 V  1 Billingham Synthonia
Coulby Newham  0 V  5 Guisborough Town
Hartlepool FC  2 V  5 Hartlepool Youth
Middleton Rangers  2 V  10 Richmond Town
Northallerton Town  2 V  5 Kader
Redcar Newmarket  2 V  5 Thornaby
The Under 19s division saw 44 goals scored in just six matches.
Guisborough remain on top after a 5-0 win at rivals Coulby Newham. both sides went into the clash with 100% records but the Priorymen triumphed after goals from James Dunn (4) and Louis Benoit.
Kader also maintained their perfect record, in second, with a 5-2 victory at Northallerton Town. Town netted through Jack Stapley and Emre Sunbul, but strikes from Ryan Blades (2), Nathan Farthing, Robert Clark and Adam Campbell ensured Kader took home all three points.
Third-placed Boro Rangers are the other 100% side, they also fired five on their travels. Isaac Walker’s brace put Rangers in two up at Billingham Synthonia, at half-time. The same player then repeated the feat, after the break, finishing with four. Ollie Henderson added a fifth, before Will Thomson’s late consolation for Synners.
Thornaby stay in contention after ending Redcar Newmarket’s unbeaten run. Man of the match Joe Pickett’s hat-trick and further strikes from Thomas Dobbs and substitute Lewis Heap helped the visitors to victory. Elan Murray and Will Moore replied for Newmarket.
The big scorers were Richmond Town who reached double figures at Middleton Rangers. Gary Walker blasted a double hat-trick, with Joe Shields adding four as Town triumphed 10-2- Kai Carty netted twice for Rangers.
The Hartlepool derby saw Pools Youth take the spoils, 5-2, over Hartlepool FC. Luke Gowler bagged a brace, Lewis Hockborn also netted alongside Ben Forsyth and Elliott Campbell. FC netted through Adam Scott and Ryan Jones.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.