Saturday 21st October 


All 2pm kick-offs unless stated

BEADS  3 V  2 Redcar Town
Fishburn Park  5 V  0 Grangetown Boys Club
Staithes Athletic  1 V  4 Billingham Town Reserves
Stockton West End  4 V  2 Guisborough United
All 2pm kick-offs unless stated
Richmond Town  3 V  0 St Marys 1947 
Boro Rangers  P V  P Stokesley SC
Thornaby Dubliners  5 V  1 Redcar Newmarket
Bedale 5 V  1 Whitby Fishermens Soc
Lingdale Village 3 V  2 New Marske Lakes United
Middlesbrough & Teesside SA 0 V  10 Redcar Athletic Reserves
Stokesley SC Reserves 1 V  3 Loftus Athletic
By Andrew Snaith
Fishburn Park are the new leaders of the North Riding Football League Premier Division after thumping Grangetown Boys Club 5-0, on Saturday. The Whitby side notched through Mikey Kilpatrick’s brace and further goals from Jake Faichney, Nathan Storr and Sam Richardson.
Park were assisted by rivals Redcar Town suffering a surprise defeat in a five-goal thriller, at BEADS. Lee Mahon fired the hosts ahead on eight minutes, only for Redcar to roar back as they took a 2-1 lead, with Steve Thompson and Stu Poulter striking. Karl Liley, though, had other ideas. He levelled for the Middlesbrough side, ten minutes from time and promptly struck again to win the game for the home side, with just two minutes remaining. 
A hat-trick from Luke Larkin proved the difference between the two sides as Billingham Town Reserves swept aside Staithes Athletic. Larkin capitalised on two individual errors to put the visitors two up, after 35 minutes, but Jake Thompson got Staithes back into it before the break. The hosts started the second half on top and Billingham were reduced to 10 men on the hour mark, when Ryan Stuart received a second yellow card. However, late goals from Larkin, to complete his hat-trick, four minutes from time and Eliott Beddon’s 90th minute fourth, put the result beyond doubt for the visitors.
Stockton West End continued their fine form with a 4-2 success over Guisborough United, who progressed in the North Riding Senior Cup, for the first time, with a midweek win at Grangetown. Dean Wilson and Paul Jack scored for United, but Josh Harrison, Eddie Daisey and Ben Turner’s brace proved enough for West End.
In Division One, Redcar Athletic Reserves stay well clear at the top after thumping Middlesbrough & Teesside Sports Academy 10-0. McCorie Carmeichael and Marcus Wood both fired hat-tricks, with Sam Thompson, Luke Hartnett, James Ascoughs and Adam Hartnett also on the scoresheet for Robbie McCarthy’s men.
Bedale are second and still hold three games in hand over their rivals at the top. They hit Whitby Fishermens for five, after racing into a 2-0 lead inside five minutes. Josh Fullarton netted with just two minutes gone, with Mikey Stevens soon doubling their advantage. David Cooke’s free-kick six minutes before half-time looked to have ended the contest, but Jordan Purvis reduced the arrears, ten minutes from the end. However, late twin strikes from Ross Hodgson ensured the points went inland.
Loftus Athletic are fourth after a 3-1 win at Stokesley Sports Club Reserves. Debutant centre-half Brian Johnson nodded in an equaliser for Stokesley, after in-form Loftus had struck on three minutes through Brendan Harris, following good work from Jordan Cane. Chris Morrison put Loftus back ahead, on the hour, from the penalty spot. Stokesley lost Paul Lancaster, with a dislocated knee, fifteen minutes from time. Three minutes later, Cane struck the winner for the visitors.
Another side stringing together the wins of late are Lingdale Village. They won a five-goal thriller at home to New Marske Lakes. Lakes led early on through Blue Addison’s 15-yard volley from Kieran Stares’ free-kick. Seven minutes before half-time, though, Lingdale levelled from distance. The Villagers then turned the tide after a windswept scramble. A cross deflected off United’s Lewis Gledhill made it 3-1 before Joe Canwell set up a tense finale, curling home after good work from Addison, but 3-2 it stayed. Chris Bulmer, Lewis Henderson and Alexander Johnson struck for the hosts.
There were three matches played in the North Riding County Cup, with North Riding League interest. St Marys 1947 found Wearside League Richmond Town too hot to handle, losing 3-0, while Yarm and Eaglescliffe were unfortunate to lose out on penalties to last season’s finalists Malton Old Boys. Anth Brown’s strike and an own goal saw the North Riding League top tier men earn a 2-2 draw after normal time, before spot-kick heartbreak followed.     
In an all-Premier Division affair, Thornaby Dubliners thumped Redcar Newmarket 5-1. Michael Dowse notched for the visitors, but goals from Russell Spence. Anton Buchan, Gareth Mitchell and Charlie Raby’s brace saw Dubliners record an impressive result and progress. Premier Division Boro Rangers also go through after scheduled opponents, Stokesley Sports Club, of the Wearside League, failed to raise a side.

Sunday 22nd OctoberNRFL UNDER 19 DIVISION

All kick-offs 2pm unless stated

Hartlepool Youth  5 V  1 Billingham Synthonia
Middleton Rangers  2 V  8 Hartlepool FC
THE NORTH RIDING U19 CUP (2.00pm kick off)
Northallerton Town  P V  P Dringhouses
Scarborough Athletic  0 V  4 Coulby Newham
South Park Rangers  P V  P Guisborough Town
Kader  2 V  3 Marton Juniors
Boro Rangers  1 V  3 Nunthorpe Juniors
Richmond Town  12 V  1 Bedale
T.I.B.S  2 V  3 Redcar Newmarket

Sunday saw just two games in the North Riding Under 19 League as Hartlepool Youth hammered Billingham Synthonia 5-1; Sam O’Gorman netted for Synners, while Jack White’s hat-trick, Jake Kelly and Kerrod Pounder ensured victory for Pools.

It was also a good afternoon for the other Hartlepool side in the division, with Hartlepool FC firing eight past bottom club Middleton Rangers. 

Sam Stephenson blasted five goals, with Adam Stokle, Joe Carswell and Adam Scott also on target. Will Orukoran and Kai Carty replied for Rangers.
The North Riding Under 19 Cup kicked off with North Riding League Richmond Town enjoying a 12-1 victory over Bedale. There were hat-tricks for Ben Ruddick, Simeon Cromarty and Gary Walker, while Tom Godridge, Joe Shields and Cameron Spence also notched for Town.
Coulby Newham were also successful, as they defeated a young Scarborough Athletic side, 4-0. It took 20 minutes for Joe Searby to open the scoring against a very stubborn defence and Coulby should’ve had a few more but for the home goalkeeper. It wasn’t until the last kick of the first half that Alex Clark made it 2-0. Scarborough came out strongly in the second half, only for Clark to grab his second and kill the game off. A late substitute appearance from Lee Riley saw him grab a fourth goal to see the game out, and earn a second round spot for Coulby.
Redcar Newmarket are also safely through, but only after a five goal thriller at Thornaby and Ingleby Barwick. Lewis Mitchell, Sam Johnson and Chris Payne ensured progress for North Riding Newmarket.
Kader, however, were less fortunate in a five-goal affair that went the other way. Visitors Marton clinched a 3-2 victory despite Connor Harris and Adam Campbell finding the net for the Middlesbrough club.
Boro Rangers also slipped out after falling to a 3-1 home defeat to nearby Nunthorpe Athletic. In-form Isaac Walker was again on target, but Athletic were comfortable winners in the end.
Two more North Riding League sides went through without kicking a ball. Dringhouses and South Park Rangers were unable to compete so there were byes for Northallerton Town and Guisborough Town. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.