Saturday 27th January


2.00pm kick-off

Boro Rangers  1p V 1 Richmond Town
Nunthorpe Athletic  0 V  2 Old Malton St Marys
Richmond Buck Inn  1 V  4 Thornaby Dubliners

2.00pm kick-off

Guisborough United  2 V  2 Stockton West End
Staithes Athletic  11 V  0 BEADS
Yarm & Eaglescliffe  1 V  1 Redcar Town

2.00pm kick-off

Bedale  2 V  1 Stokesley Sports Club Reserves
Lingdale Village  2 V  2 Whitby Fishermens Soc
Redcar Athletic Reserves  4 V  3 Great Ayton United Royals

2.00pm kick-off

Loftus Athletic  3 V 3p New Marske Lakes United
Middlesbrough & Teesside SA  2 V  4 Stokesley Sports Club AR

1.30pm kick-off

Fishburn Park  1 V  2 Grangefield
Sunday 28th January


2.00pm kick-off

Coulby Newham  2 V  2 Richmond Town
Guisborough Town  11 V  0 Billingham Synthonia
Hartlepool Pools Youth  0 V  2 Boro Rangers
Kader  P V  P Hartlepool FC
Northallerton Town  P V  P Thornaby FC
Redcar Newmarket  P V  P Middleton Rangers

Boro Rangers and Thornaby Dubliners are aiming for a final place in the North Riding County Cup after both made the last four, on Saturday, though rivals Nunthorpe Athletic lost out.

Rangers beat Wearside League Richmond Town for the second time this season, but it was a much tighter affair than the 7-0 thumping doled out by the North Riding Football League Premier leaders in the Senior Cup. Joe Woods struck as Boro forced a 1-1 draw in 90 minutes, with goalkeeper Andy McDonald making a string of saves to take the resulting penalty shoot out 4-2. Robbie Keenan scored the winning kick to book a semi-final clash with York Premier League, F1 Racing.
Dubliners enjoyed a 4-1 victory at another Richmond side, Richmond Buck Inn, of the Wensleydale League. Ex-Sunderland RCA frontman Harrison Davies opened the scoring, midway through the first half, for Thornaby. The visitors then doubled their lead through Matthew Parry, early in the second period, with Anton Buchan making it three, ten minutes later. While Richmond reduced the arrears, 20 minutes from time, Davies’ second, ten minutes from time, ensured comfortable progress. 
Their opponents will be Old Malton St Marys, also of the York Premier. They enjoyed a 2-0 win at NRFL Premier Division Nunthorpe Athletic.
In the NRFL Premier, Staithes Athletic hammered a heavily-depleted BEADS, 11-0, at Seaton Crescent, to ease their relegation fears. James Armstrong netted on eight minutes, with a Ryan Thompson double on 11 & 20 extending the lead further. Jake Thompson struck a brace of his own in the space of four minutes, before Ryan Thompson completed a first-half hat trick, six minutes before the interval. Lewis Calvert made it seven on 49 minutes and it was Jake Thompson again on 55 and 70 plus Ryan Thompson on 76 and 88, who completed the scoring. 

Redcar Town cut Rangers’ lead to seven points at the top, but they fell behind to debutant Dion McGrother’s goal at Yarm and Eaglescliffe. Stu Poulter levelled for Town, just before half-time, but they had to settle for a share of the points after a goal-less second half.
Two in-form sides served up a fine game of football at Guisborough United. The hosts fell two goals behind, to visitors Stockton West End, in the first half, after Eddie Dasey netted twice, but fought back with Niall Crawley and Paul Young on target, after the break.
Bedale continue to set the pace in the First Division after coming from behind to claim a 2-1 win over Stokesley Reserves. John Cairns struck inside seven minutes for Stokesley, but Bedale rallied with two strikes in as many minutes from Dan Baxter, midway through the first period, the second a 20 yard screamer fit to win any game.
Redcar Athletic Reserves remain second after edging a seven-goal thriller with third-place Great Ayton United. Robbie McCarthy’s men raced into a 3-1 half-time lead with Alex Anderson striking twice and McCorie Carmichael also on target. Caleb White replied for Ayton, who fought back in the second half. With the wind at their backs, after the break, Ash Woodier and Mark Shimwell made it 3-3, before Carmichael put Redcar back in front. White nodded over late on as United laid siege late on.
Whitby Fishermens and Lingdale Tavern battled to a high-scoring draw in blustery East Cleveland. Sam Dowey and Jord Purvis had put the Whitby side ahead, but Ste Combellack and Chris Bulmer ensured the hosts got a share of the points.
Premier Division high-flyers Fishburn Park lost out at home to Grangefield in the Yorkshire Old Boys Shield. Andy Park and Mark Waterfield’s men saw their visitors reduced to ten men inside five minutes but could only muster a Sam Richardson strike in a 2-1 defeat.
In the D and G Trophy, New Marske Lakes United fought to a penalty victory at Loftus Athletic, twice having to come from behind, eventually leading 3-2 before Loftus levelled with the final kick of normal time. Lakes netted through Liam Robson, Ben Marshall and Blue Addison, while Athletic notched thanks to Shaun Muir, Brandon Harris and Robert Haw. As the game went to penalties, Dom Yeates’ spot-kick save enabled Danny Rowe to fire home the winner in a 5-4 success.
Stokesley Armstrong Richardson also progressed against another First Division side. AR raced into a 3-0 lead at Middlesbrough and Teesside Sports Academy, before Bryan Caddick’s 40-yarder gave the Academics a sniff. Despite playing with ten men, the hosts struck again through Caddick, only for the visitors to break late on to secure a 4-2 victory.
Sunday’s action saw Guisborough extend their lead at the top of the NRFL Under 19 division with a thumping 11-0 victory, while rivals Boro Rangers also won, and the pair remain level on points, the Priorymen now have a 14 goal advantage. Jack Lambert blasted five of his own, against visitors Billingham Synthonia, while Owen Armstrong fired a hat-trick, with Kyle Tranter, James Dunn and Elliot Anderson also on target.
Rangers had a less emphatic 2-0 success at Hartlepool Pools Youth. The second-placed side stayed in touch with Guisborough after an Isaac Walker goal in each half ensured an away victory.
Richmond Town started slowly against Coulby Newham, as fifth met sixth. Town went two goals down in the first ten minutes, after a quickfire Alex Clark brace. The tide turned when a 50-50 challenge resulted in the Coulby goalkeeper needing to leave the game with damaged ribs. Richmond pulled one back when a shot from Joe Ramsay was deflected past the stand in goalkeeper, making it 2-1 at half time. Richmond played with the wind in the second half and were rewarded for their efforts when Alfie Thompson scored a long range shot, from the left wing, with 25 minutes to go.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.