Boro Rangers took the North Riding Football League Premier Division Championship with a second five-star win in as many days. Ben Wheatley’s side were 5-0 winners at St Marys 1947, on Wednesday night. Dan Lockwood’s brace was joined by goals from Lloyd Evans, Tom and Robbie Keenan on a night of celebration for the men from Middlesbrough. 
Another side from the Boro conceded five as they crashed to a 5-3 home defeat. BEADS lost out to Thornaby Dubliners, who moved clear of any danger at the bottom of the division. Alex Brown netted twice and Michael Shellard also scored but to no avail. Marcus Laing, Paul Barker and Gary Mitchell’s hat-trick won it for the Dubliners.
A seven-goal thriller saw Yarm and Eaglescliffe come from 3-0 down to stun Staithes. Switched to Redcar Town, Athletic raced into a clear lead, but their visitors rallied as Dan Jones’ penalty and Calum Stevens’ goal reduced the arrears. Anth Brown equalised before Cameron Wild nodded home a dramatic winner. 
In the First Division, Redcar Athletic Reserves moved second after a comfortable win over Whitby Fishermens Society. Mark Anderson notched for the Lythe-based side, but Redcar’s second string struck through Alex Anderson’s hat-trick. James Ascough and Jake Lance also found the net for Athletic.
In the Under 19 Division, Thornaby enjoyed a 4-1 win at Northallerton Town. Oliver Ketteringham blasted a brace, with Ben Mulroy and Tom Dodds making it to four. Saul Bamber Lister netted Northallerton’s consolation.
Rangers set up Wednesday’s success with a convincing 5-1 win, on Tuesday night.
James Tattersfield netted for visitors Thornaby Dubliners, but goals from Jamie Lisle, Matty McQueeney, Jamie Bellamy and Rob and Steve Keenan took Rangers to the brink of the championship.
In the NRFL Under 19 Division, Rangers’ youngsters are still just about in touch with leaders Guisborough Town after a 4-2 win over Kader. James Mahoney bagged a brace, with Jack Rennie and Joe Jones completing the Rangers scoring. Kader responded through goals from Rob Clark and Adam Campbell.  
The Priorymen remain in control, however, with just one more win or just two draws, at most, needed from their last three games after a high scoring success. They triumphed 8-3 over Coulby Newham, as Donny Holdsworth fired five, Owen Armstrong netted a brace and James Dunn also scored. Newham notched through Alex Clark’s twin strikes and Lee Riley’s goal.  


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.