Saturday 11th August 2018- Results & Round-up

Saturday 11th August
North Riding Football League Premier Division
2pm kick-off unless stated
Boro Rangers 1-2 Fishburn Park
Grangetown Boys Club 3-2 Redcar Newmarket
New Marske 1-2 Stockton West End
Redcar Town 2-0 Guisborough Town Reserves
Stokesley Sports Club 2-1 Kader
Thornaby Dubliners 3-0 Bedale
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 6-3 BEADS
Fishburn Park came from behind to condemn defending champions Boro Rangers to another opening day defeat. Rangers lost their first two games last season before embarking on a long winning run that helped them to the championship. They looked in good form when Phil Horsman fired them ahead inside five minutes. However, their Whitby visitors levelled, midway through the first half, when James Organ-Simpson netted. Park’s second goal in eight minutes saw them turn the match on its head as Luke Storr made it 2-1 and that’s how it stayed.
A nine-goal thriller saw Yarm and Eaglescliffe go top of the opening day table after a 6-3 win over BEADS. Josh Dawson blasted a brace with Dom Wilson, Dominic Tiffany, Ravi Mani and Cameron Wild also on target. The Middlesbrough outfit replied through Lee Mahon, AshMcCarthy and Dan Lofts.
Thornaby Dubliners are second after a 3-0 win over promoted First Division champions Bedale. Russell Spence scored twice, with Anton Buchan, part of the North Riding Football League rep side, striking the other.
New boys Stokesley Sports Club enjoyed three points at the first time of asking, but were made to work by fellow newcomers Kader. Perhaps best known for their successful junior setup, Kader scored through summer signing Carl Williams, but Stokesley, transferred across from the Wearside League, won it with goals from Louis Benoit and Joel Gordon.
Last season’s second-placed-side Stockton West End started strongly with victory at newly-promoted New Marske, who finished second in Division One, last term. Scott Webb and Jake Large cancelled out New Marske’s first-ever top flight goal from Lewis Mitchell.
A five-goal thriller saw Grangetown edge past Redcar Newmarket, 3-2. Michael Wilson, Ryan Emmerson and Anthony Barnes scored the Grangetown goals, while the prolific Michael Dowse netted twice in reply.
Redcar Town are also off to a winning start, after defeating Guisborough Town Reserves, formerly Guisborough United, 2-0. It took two late strikes to claim the victory, however, as Stu Poulter scored, twelve minutes from time, and Chris Marsay doubled Town’s advantage, with just over 60 seconds remaining.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.