Saturday 25th August- results and reports

Saturday 25th August
North Riding Football League Premier Division
2.00pm kick-off unless stated
Fishburn Park 1-5 Bedale
Guisborough Town Reserves 13-1 Redcar Newmarket
Kader 0-8 Redcar Town
New Marske 3-5 Grangetown BC
St Marys 1947 1-6 Boro Rangers
Stokesley SC 1-2 Thornaby Dubliners
Stockton West End 9-2 BEADS
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 6-1 Staithes Athletic

 Fishburn Park’s 100% record, the last in the division, was destroyed by resurgent Bedale. Fresh from turning a 3-0 half-time deficit into a 6-3 victory, at Stokesley, in midweek, Dale hit their Whitby hosts for five. Just like Wednesday, Dave Goodwin’s men fell behind. Teenager Adam Warrilow put Park ahead inside seven minutes, only for Jonny Rayner to send the sides in level at the break. Michael Stevens turned the match on its head with Dale’s second, seven minutes into the second half and Josh Fullarton made it three, five minutes later. Dan Baxter ended the contest at 4-1, midway through the second half. Dan Caisley made it five, ten minutes from time.
Stockton West End are the new league leaders, on goals scored, after putting nine past BEADS. Alex Jamieson and Chris Peacock belted braces, with Elliott May, Lewis Mondal, Jake Large, Michael McLaughlin and Ben Turner also on target for West. Their Middlesbrough visitors replied through Bobby Lee and the prolific Ben Bonner.
Stokesley again stumbled, this time at home to unbeaten Thornaby Dubliners. Only West End’s nine-goal haul is keeping Dubs off the top as a 35th minute own goal was cancelled out by second half strikes from Tom Atkinson and Gary Mitchell.
Boro Rangers stay third after a dominant display at St Marys 1947. Jamie Bellamy and Richard Cook netted twice, with Stu Rose and Jonny Squires completing the scoring. Ryan Todd fired the Saints’ consolation.
Yarm and Eaglescliffe are fourth after also winning 6-1, with Staithes Athletic, on the receiving end. There were braces for Sean Mackin, Anthony Chisman and Matty Jenkinson. Morgan Corner netted for Athletic.
Grangetown bounced back from their heavy defeat to Boro Rangers with a 5-3 success at newcomers New Marske. The Boys Club were quickly out of the blocks and raced into a 3-0 half-time lead. They soon added to their advantage after the break, despite Kieran Stares pulling one back, a disputed spot kick extended the visitors’ lead, with Dan Joseph and Robbie Farrier’s 25-yarder, not enough, late on. Ryan Emmerson and Anthony Barnes both struck twice, with Ben Martin also finding the net as over 100 spectators looked on.
Redcar Town remain unbeaten and were in the goals as Kader were humbled 8-0. Jamie Seymour broke the deadlock after a goal-less opening half hour. Andrew Porritt quickly doubled Town’s advantage and Shaun Taylor made it three, just before half-time. Josh Butters’ second half strike was sandwiched by a Stu Poulter’s brace, with Chris Jackson’s two goals in the final seven minutes adding gloss, late on.
However, the big scorers were Guisborough Town Reserves who put their first points on the board in style after a 13-1 thumping of Redcar Newmarket.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.