Results and reports- Sat 1st & Weds 5th Sep

Saturday 1st September
FA Buildbase Vase First Qualifying Round
3.00pm kick-off

Stokesley SC 0-9 Guisborough Town

North Riding Football League Premier Division
2.00pm kick-off unless stated

Boro Rangers 7-1 Staithes Athletic
Kader 0-4 St Marys 1947
New Marske 1-1 Guisborough Town Reserves
Redcar Newmarket 3-5 Bedale
Stockton West End 11-1 Grangetown BC
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 0-0 Redcar Town

North Riding Football League First Division
2.00pm kick-off unless stated
Lingdale Village 2-1 Whitby Fishermens Society
Loftus 2-10 Thirsk Falcons
Middlesbrough Rovers 1-7 Great Ayton United Royals
Redcar Athletic Reserves 4-5 Stokesley SC Reserves
TS1 Tees Valley Tigers 5-1 Stokesley AFC

Wednesday 5th September
North Riding Football League Premier Division
7.45pm kick-off

Redcar Newmarket 0-2 Redcar Town (Played at Redcar Town FC)

Stokesley Sports Club tumbled out of the FA Buildbase Vase after a heavy defeat to Northern League First Division, Guisborough Town. Jay Wilson put the Priorymen ahead inside five minutes, with Wilson turning provider for Ash Lavan to double the advantage on the half hour. Unlucky Sports Club scored two own goals before half-time to take the visitors in four up. Debutant Alex Bruton made it five, early in the second half, with Lavan making it six, just moments later. Lavan completed his hat-trick, twenty minutes into the second half. Mason McNeil netted twice in the final five minutes.

Boro Rangers went top for the first time this season. Jamie Bellamy continued his prolific start to the season with a hat-trick against visitors Staithes Athletic. Man of the match Jonny Squires bagged a brace, with Matty McQueeney and Steve Keenan also on target. Ryan Thompson notched Athletic’s consolation.

Stockton West End stay second after blasting eleven past Grangetown Boys Club. Jake Large hit four while there were trebles for Ben Turner and Sean O’Brien. Chris Peacock also scored for West End, while Mark Ward netted for the Boys Club.

Defences were on top as fifth-placed Yarm and Eaglescliffe were held 0-0 by Redcar Town, who remain unbeaten.

Elsewhere, St Marys 1947 returned to winning ways at Kader. Their four goals were shared equally between Paul Vaughan, Ryan Todd, Ben Cotts and Lewis Kaid.

Bottom club Redcar Newmarket’s woes continued with a 5-3 home defeat to Bedale. Michael Dowse netted twice, with Jamie Graham also finding the net for Newmarket. However Dale returned to form with a five of the best confirming their resurgence.

New Marske and Guisborough Town Reserves battled to a 1-1 draw after an entertaining but goal-less first half. Guisborough’s Tom Beeforth made some strong saves, while at the other end, the visitors were unlucky to rattle the woodwork twice. They did have the lead, after the break, when New Marske keeper Dom Yeates upended Tom Bligh, who dusted himself off to convert the resulting penalty. However, within six minutes, the hosts were level, when Kieran Stares blasted home a spectacular 35-yard free-kick.

Wednesday saw two goals in the opening ten minutes win the Redcar derby. Town took the honours as Andrew Porritt and Ryan Maltby found the net against bottom club Newmarket.

The North Riding Football League First Division kicked off in style with 38 goals from five matches.

The most eye-catching scoreline saw Stokesley Sports Club Reserves take out Redcar Athletic’s second string, 5-4. Steve Todd’s Stokesley side started like they had a bus to catch with three goals in six minutes. Charlie Brady broke the deadlock in the opening seconds, before James Brodie-Myers doubled their advantage on four minutes and Matthew Lazenby made it 3-0, inside six minutes. McCorie Carmichael fired two for Redcar and they were level by half-time when Sam Webster made it 3-3. Brodie-Myers notched again to put Stokesley back ahead, but Thomas Eglinton quickly equalised. It took a disputed penalty, five minutes from time, to bring Brodie-Myers his hat-trick and Stokesley a dramatic 5-4 victory.

It was close at Lingdale Village too, as the hosts edged out visitors Whitby Fishermens 2-1. After going 1-0 down to a Karl Storr goal, Lingdale’s Chris Bulmer netted, just before half time. A second-half free-kick from Ben Crooks turned the game on its head and gave Village all three points.

Newcomers Middlesbrough Rovers went 1-0 up early on through Shaun Clarke and when visitors Great Ayton were reduced to ten men, they must have been encouraged. However Ayton turned it around to go 2-1 up at the break thanks to Jake Thompson’s goal and Mark Shimwell’s penalty. Thompson completed his hat-trick with a brace early in the second half, with Isaac White, Shimwell with a second, and Harry Atkinson on target, to make it 7-1, just before the end.

Tees Valley Tigers, another new side in the North Riding League, enjoyed a 5-1 success in their opening game, against the returning Stokesley AFC, formerly Stokesley AR. Youngster Isam Benomran blasted a hat-trick, with Connor Bagan and Michael Duff also on target for the Tigers. Michael Gill responded for AFC.

Former Teesside Leaguers Thirsk Falcons are back in the region and were the division’s big scorers with a 10-2 success at new boys Loftus FC. Chris Everingham opened the scoring, with Callum Manson bagging a brace, Liam Cook and Josh Duffield went one better with a hat-trick each. Cameron Scott netted twice, while Dan Ingoldsby also made the scoresheet. Loftus replied through Josh Elliott and Dom Collingwood.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.