Results and reports- Sat 6th & Sun 7th Oct

Saturday 6th October
Durham Minor Cup First Round
2.00pm kick-off 
Stockton West End 1-6 Harton & Westoe
North Riding Football League Premier Division
2.00pm kick-off
BEADS 2-4 Bedale
Fishburn Park 4-2 Yarm & Eaglescliffe
Grangetown Boys Club 2-3 Stokesley Sports Club
Guisborough Town Reserves 1-6 Thornaby Dubliners
New Marske 0-6 Boro Rangers
St Marys 1947 1-2 Redcar Newmarket
Staithes Athletic 1-2 Redcar Town
North Riding Football League First Division
2.00pm kick-off
Great Ayton United Royals 9-2 Redcar Athletic Reserves
Loftus Athletic 3-3 Thirsk Falcons
Tees Valley Tigers 7-0 Middlesbrough Rovers
North Riding Challenge Cup First Round
Harrisons Signs 0-4 Lingdale Village
Loftus 2-3 Kirkdale
Richmond Mavericks 3-1 Stokesley Sports Club Reserves
Richmond Town Academy 1-8 Whitby Fishermens
Stokesley AFC 5-0 Swinton Athletic
Sunday 7th October
North Riding Football League Under 19 Division
2.00pm kick-off
Grangetown Boys Club 2-1 Guisborough Town
RT Raine Trophy
2.00pm kick-off
Redcar Athletic p1-1 T.I.B.S



Stockton West End remain top of the North Riding Football League Premier Division despite being in cup action, on Saturday. They were thumped 6-1 at home in the Durham Minor Cup by Wearside League Harton and Westoe. Ben Turner netted West End’s consolation.
Thornaby Dubliners are level on points, at the summit, after a 6-1 victory of their own. Dubs remain the only unbeaten side left in the division and raced into a 3-0 lead at Guisborough Town Reserves. Gary Mitchell smashed in a hat-trick, with Tom Atkinson’s scoring run continuing with a brace and Anton Buchan completing their scoring. Sam Thompson replied for the Priorymen.
Boro Rangers are a single point behind in third and also struck six. Their hosts were New Marske, with Jamie Bellamy remaining prolific after a brace. David Johnston, Richard Cook and even manager Ben Wheatley, with two, were also on target.
Fishburn Park’s fourth successive win, as they took out fourth-placed Yarm & Eaglescliffe, to go within a point of them in fifth. Sam Richardson put Park ahead, only for Mike Mackin to level from the penalty spot just before half-time. Nathan Storr and Dan Brown also scored for the Whitby side. Yarm responded again through debutant Liam Forster, but Richardson’s second sealed a 4-2 Fishburn win.
Stokesley Sports Club finally ended their barren run with a surprise 3-2 win at previously-in-form Grangetown. The Boys Club struck through Anthony Barnes and Mark Ward, but Sports Club, who had to use boss Chris Lax in net, edged it, with Marcus Allen scoring twice and Joel Gordon grabbing the other.   
Redcar Newmarket’s resurgence continued apace with a 2-1 win at St Marys 1947. Tony Wilson’s strike for the Middlesbrough hosts was cancelled out by two from the top tier’s top goalscorer, Michael Dowse. 
Redcar Town were also successful, returning to winning ways, at Staithes Athletic. Ryan Bennions broke the deadlock for Town inside eight minutes, only for Liam Johnson to level, midway through the first half. An own goal, just after the hour, however, settled it for the visitors.
Bedale kept BEADS bottom after a 4-2 success at the Teesside outfit. Colin Anderson put Dale ahead inside nine minutes and David Cooke extended that advantage on 23. When Mikey Stevens made it three, nine minutes later, it looked comfortable for the visitors. However, Dan Lofts’ injury time penalty gave BEADS hope going into the break. Dan Caisley made it four on the hour, but Lofts hit back for a second time, again with a spot kick, but there was to be no follow up as the away side hung on.
Thirsk Falcons’ 100% run in the First division was halted by a tigerish Loftus Athletic, who held the league leaders 3-3. Chris Everingham netted twice for the leaders, with Ben Calvert also scoring. Jordan Rowe, Dan Jemson and substitute Brandon Harris did the business for Athletic.
Tees Valley Tigers are up to second following their 7-0 thumping of basement strugglers Middlesbrough Rovers. Ahmed Sherif plundered a hat-trick with Paul Banks’ couple and further goals from Andrew Parkin and Omar Hussain.
Elsewhere, Great Ayton United Royals also had a storming afternoon as they hit Redcar Athletic’s second string 9-2 to go fourth. It was even stevens at half-time with Mark Shimwell on target for Ayton and Jake Lance notching for Redcar. Jake Thompson blasted a second half hat-trick for the Royals with Shimwell adding a second, Jamie Edwards, Joe Marsay with a brace and Sam Robinson taking them to the brink of double figures. Thomas Eglington scored what proved to be a late consolation.
It was the first round of the North Riding Challenge Cup on Saturday and there was a mixed bag of results for NRFL sides. Whitby Fishermens were the big winners, thumping Richmond Town Academy 8-1. Jord Purvis struck a spectacular hat-trick, with braces for Dan Brown and James Armstrong. Jake Faichney ensured it was eight for Mark Jones’ men.
Stokesley AFC put five past Swinton Athletic, without reply. Sam Wilson, Robbie Bell and Jacob McNaughton found the net, with Joe Robson striking a double.
There was also celebrations for Lingdale Village, who won at Harrisons Signs of the York League, 4-0. Lewis Henderson, Ryan Cane and a Ben Crooks brace saw Village home.
Stokesley Reserves came off second best at Wensleydale League Richmond Mavericks. The former Teesside Leaguers triumphed with Steve Todd’s men pulling one back, two minutes from time, in a 3-1 defeat, courtesy of Isaac Walker.
Loftus FC were also denied, losing out 3-2 at home to Beckett League Kirkdale United, despite goals from Dom Collingwood and Dean Whittaker. 
Leaders Grangetown Boys Club defeated defending champions Guisborough in the one Under 19 division clash, on Sunday. After a couple of excellent saves from Grangetown goalkeeper Callum Harris, Guisborough finally took the lead on 30 minutes when Zak English slammed home a loose ball from a corner. Callum Hails almost levelled hitting the bar, after strong pressure from the home side who equalised, after the break, when Jacob Miller netted with a clinical finish, after the ball broke loose in the box. Both teams struck the woodwork before Grangetown settled the game with Ben Martin neatly sidestepping a defender, to hit his 12th of the season, after being played in by the lively Dylan Gellatly.
The RT Raine Trophy kicked off this weekend with Redcar Athletic edging a close battle against Thornaby and Ingleby Barwick. Josh Bennett scored for Athletic, while T.I.B.S struck through Jack French, before Redcar won 4-2 in the resulting penalty shoot-out. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.