Results and reports- Sat 3rd & Sun 4th Nov

Saturday 3rd November
North Riding Football League Premier Division
2.00pm kick-off
BEADS 5-3 Stokesley Sports Club
Fishburn Park P-P Guisborough Town Reserves
Kader 4-4 Bedale
New Marske 0-4 Staithes Athletic
Redcar Newmarket 1-4 Grangetown Boys Club
Stockton West End 2-0 Redcar Town
Thornaby Dubliners 1-3 Boro Rangers
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 4-0 St Marys 1947
North Riding Football League First Division
2.00pm kick-off
Loftus FC 0-3 Tees Valley Tigers
Stokesley Sports Club Reserves 9-2 Middlesbrough Rovers
North Riding Challenge Cup Second Round
2.00pm kick-off
Easingwold Town 2-0 Lingdale Village
Huntington Rovers Reserves 3-2 Stokesley AFC
Loftus Athletic 2-4 Whitby Fishermens Society
Redcar Athletic Reserves 1-4 Sleights
Thirsk Falcons 1-0 Lealholm
Unicorn 3-1 Great Ayton United Royals
Sunday 4th November
North Riding Under 19 Division
2.00pm kick-off
Guisborough Town 1-9 Redcar Newmarket
Nunthorpe P-P Redcar Athletic
Seaton Carew 1-2 Coulby Newham
Boro Rangers won the battle of the top two in the North Riding Football League Premier Division, despite finishing with ten men, at leaders Thornaby Dubliners. Matty McQueeney broke the deadlock for Rangers inside five minutes. However, Tom Atkinson levelled matters for Dubs within seven minutes of the second half. With 20 minutes remaining, Jamie Lee put Rangers back ahead and McQueeney put the result beyond doubt, two minutes from time. Lewis Colley picked up a red card for the visitors, but Rangers held out to go within two points of Dubs, with a game in hand.
Stockton West End are two points further back, with a further game in hand after a 2-0 win over Redcar Town. Sean O’Brien and Elliot May netted for West End as they stayed right in the title picture.
Yarm & Eaglescliffe leapfrogged Town on goal difference after thumping St Marys 1947 4-0. Sean Mackin slammed in a hat-trick with an own goal completing the scoring against their Middlesbrough visitors.
Grangetown Boys Club are up to sixth after halting Redcar Newmarket’s resurgence in style. Boys Club fired four as Anthony Jones, Ryan Emmerson, Liam Cooper and top scorer Ben Martin all found the net. Newmarket replied through Jamie Graham.
Staithes Athletic also fired four on their travels, without reply, at New Marske. Gary Sivills’ men notched through Danny Harris’ brace and further strikes from Connor Hood, as well as Ryan Thompson’s 20-yard drive.
Second-bottom Kader showed more tenacity to force their second 4-4 draw in three games, this time against Bedale. Callum Fletcher netted for Dale inside ten minutes, with two goals in seven first half minutes from Ross Hodgson putting them in control. Despite Hodgson completing his hat-trick, 12 minutes into the second half, goals from Ellis Hoyland and Richard Mills, plus a Luke Smithyman brace earned Kader a point.
Bottom club BEADS bridged the gap with Kader to just a single point after a 5-3 victory over Stokesley Sports Club. Dan Lofts kept up his fine run, with Ash McCarthy, Mark Sowerby, Louis McGarity and an own goal completing their scoring. Sports Club netted through Ryan Leslie’s double and Steve Cattle’s goal.
There were just two matches in the First Division with Tees Valley Tigers went second after a fine 3-0 win at another new club Loftus FC. Paul Banks, Isam Benomran and Conor Bagan netted for the Tigers.
Stokesley Sports Club Reserves are level on points with the Tigers, in third and a hold a game in hand following a comprehensive victory. Another new club, Middlesbrough Rovers, are finding it tough going and were hammered 9-2. Goals from John Cairnes, Isaac Walker, Matty Lazenby and Yousuf Bennett put Steve Todd’s men four up at half-time. Youngster Walker wrapped up his hat-trick with two quickfire second half strikes, with the club’s top scorer, James Brodie-Myers clipping in a brace and Sam Pears completed the Stokesley scoring. Daniel O’Brien netted two consolation goals for Rovers.
The North Riding Challenge Cup’s second round saw five NRFL sides exit the
competition, with only Whitby Fishermens Society and Thirsk Falcons progressing. Fishermens did so at the expense of their Division One rivals Loftus Athletic, after a 4-2 win. Jordan Rowe netted twice for the hosts, but those strikes were cancelled out by goals from Dan Brown, Karl Storr and a Jake Faichney brace.
Great Ayton United Royals were defeated 3-1 at Brompton side Unicorn FC, of the Wensleydale League. After a goal-less first half, Joe Marsay put Ayton ahead, early in the second period, but the hosts’ wind advantage told by the end.
Redcar Athletic Reserves were defeated 4-1 by Beckett League Sleights. Tom Eglinton grabbed Athletic’s single goal, but they couldn’t avoid their visitors racking up their eighth successive victory, this season. Thirsk Falcons fared better at home to Beckett League leaders Lealholm, beating them 1-0 thanks to Chris Everingham’s goal.
Stokesley Athletic lost by the odd goal in five at York side Huntington Rovers Reserves. Alex Grainge and Jack Boddy netted in a 3-2 defeat.
Not too far away, Lingdale Village went down 2-0 at Easingwold. 
On Sunday, in the Under 19 division, Redcar Newmarket thumped champions Guisborough Town, 9-1. Curtis Holmes blasted four, with Jack Reeves also picking up a hat-trick. Stuart Thomson and Michael Urban put Newmarket on cloud nine. Tom Yafano responded for the Priorymen.
Yousuf Bennett’s brace helped ten man Coulby Newham to a 2-1 victory at Seaton Carew. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.