Results and reports- Sat, Sun & Tues 10-13th Nov 2018

Saturday 10th November
North Riding Football League Premier Division
2.00pm kick-off
Guisborough Town Reserves 1-3 Redcar Town
Staithes Athletic 2-1 Stokesley Sports Club
Stockton West End 4-2 Kader
North Riding Football League First Division
2.00pm kick-off
Loftus Athletic 1-4 Tees Valley Tigers
Loftus FC 1-8 Stokesley Sports Club Reserves
Middlesbrough Rovers 1-10 Thirsk Falcons
Stokesley AFC 1-7 Great Ayton United Royals
North Riding County Cup Second Round
2.00pm kick-off
BEADS 3-3p Richmond Town
Boro Rangers 3-4 Huntington Rovers
Grangetown Boys Club 7-4 New Marske
Haxby 0-8 Thornaby Dubliners
Redcar Newmarket 1-6 Fishburn Park
Wiggington Grasshoppers 3-2 Bedale
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 5-2 Old Malton St Marys
Sunday 11th November
North Riding Under 19 Division
2.00pm kick-off
Grangetown Boys Club 1-1 Redcar Athletic
Nunthorpe 1-7 T.I.B.S
Stockton West End leapfrogged Boro Rangers to go second in the North Riding Football League Premier Division on Saturday. With Rangers in cup action, West End took advantage with a 4-2 victory over strugglers Kader. Chris Peacock netted a brace, with Scott Webb and Rob O’Connor also on target. Brendan Lally and ex-West End star Carl Williams replied for Kader.
Redcar Town returned to winning ways at Guisborough Town Reserves. Ryan Bennions blasted a hat-trick with the Priorymen responding through Joe Jones.
Staithes Athletic edged out Stokesley Sports Club, who felt they were denied two clear penalties. Ryan Leslie scored for Sports Club, but Athletic, who went for an attacking 4-3-3, made it two wins in two, thanks to a 2-1 victory, with strikes from Joe Butters and Connor Hood.
In Division One, top thumped bottom as Thirsk Falcons hit double figures in a 10-1 win at Middlesbrough Rovers, whose consolation came from Daniel O’Brien. Falcons struck through Gareth Barber’s five-goal haul. Ben Calvert and Josh Duffield struck braces, with Dan MacAlmont hitting the other.
Tees Valley Tigers are second and also enjoyed a comfortable success, 4-1 at Loftus Athletic. Tigers struck through Florian Bucuresteano, Paul Banks, Joseph Forster and Dominic Ellington. Callum Brundle responded for Athletic.
Stokesley Sports Club Reserves are trailing Tigers on goal difference, but will have done it no harm with an 8-1 drubbing of Loftus FC. Issac Walker and Matty Lazenby blasted braces, with Jack Lidster, James Brodie-Myers, Brad Wheatley and Sam Pears also hitting the net for Steve Todd’s men. Robbie Haw struck Loftus FC’s consolation.
Great Ayton United Royals almost followed suit, enjoying a derby victory at Stokesley Athletic, by seven goals to one. Ash Woodier slammed in four, Tom Nichols bagged a brace and Cale White also netted. Joe Robson struck for Stokesley.
The North Riding County Cup saw mixed fortunes for NRFL sides. Boro Rangers’ winning streak came to an end at the hands of York League leaders Huntington Rovers. Robbie Keenan, Dan Lockwood and Matty McQueeney scored for Ben Wheatley’s team, but Lockwood’s red card and clinical finishing from the visitors, saw them progress 4-3.
BEADS were also narrowly defeated in a thriller that ended 3-3 after 90 minutes, against Wearside League Richmond Town. Like Rangers, BEADS also finished with ten men, but despite leading three times, through Robson Jinks’ brace and Alex Brown’s goal, it took a 5-4 penalty-shoot-out victory to take Town home. 
Thornaby Dubliners were more successful, thumping York League second tier Haxby 8-0. There were braces for Tom Atkinson, Arran Brookbanks and Anton Buchan, with Russell Spence and Marcus Laing also on target.
Possibly the most impressive result of the weekend saw Yarm & Eaglescliffe butcher the second placed side in the York League, Old Malton St Marys, 5-2. The prolific Sean Mackin blasted in another hat-trick, with an own goal and Elton Gray’s second half winner taking them home after being locked at 2-2.
There were two-all NRFL battles. Grangetown Boys Club and New Marske shared eleven goals. Boys Club’s Anthony Jones and Dec Morrison notched twice each, with Matty Hammerton, Liam Cooper and Michael Wilson also finding the net for the hosts. Their visitors scored four, but still ended up on the losing side. Jonathon Burns hit two, with Kai Matthews and Ben Marshall on target too, but Grangetown advanced 7-4.
The other clash was more one-sided as Fishburn Park brushed aside Redcar Newmarket, 6-1. Craig Skelton notched for Newmarket, while their Whitby visitors were boosted by Dan Brown’s treble. Sam Richardson, Joe Crowther and Callum Halley also found the net.
Bedale lost out 3-2 at York League third-placed-outfit Wiggington Grasshoppers. 
Whitby Fishermens Society booked an intriguing Scarborough Junior Cup quarter final with neighbours Lealholm after thumping fellow NRFL side Lingdale Village, 6-0. Lingdale started the better but Fishermans went in front after 20 minutes when a smart move was finished by Dan Brown. The hosts then added three quick goals, first a brilliant cross from Phil Spencer that was deflected in, Karl Storr and James Armstrong then completed the first half scoring. Mark Jones’ men added two more, after the break. A 30-yard pile driver from Jord Purvis and a well-worked team goal rounded off by Armstrong.
There were two NRFL Under 19 division clashes on Sunday. The top two battled to a 1-1 stalemate. McCorie Carmichael was on target for second placed Redcar Athletic at leaders Grangetown.
Elsewhere, third-placed Thornaby and Ingleby Barwick were convincing winners at Nunthorpe, in fourth. Shawn Spozio notched for Nunthorpe but Aiden Middleton’s brace, plus goals from Nathan Bradshaw, Oliver Wilson, Jack French, Connor Jinks and Sam Richardson sealed a 7-1 win.
Tuesday’s County Cup tie saw Redcar Town progress at the expense of Premier rivals St Marys 1947. Town followed on from where they left on Saturday with a 4-1 success. After a goal-less half hour, the hosts found themselves three up at half-time. Jamie Seymour broke the deadlock on 30 minutes, with two goals in four minutes from Sam Wheatley just before the interval, making things safe. 13 minutes into the second half, Francis Hynes pulled one back for the Saints, before Adam Cheung re-opened Redcar’s three-goal advantage, six minutes from time.
League Tables correct as of Sun 11 Nov

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.