Results and reports- Sat 19th & Sun 20th Jan

Saturday 19th January

North Riding Football League Premier Division
BEADS 2-3 Stockton West End
Bedale 3-1 Redcar Town
Fishburn Park 4-1 New Marske
Kader 1-11 Boro Rangers
St Marys 1947 2-3 Yarm & Eaglescliffe
Staithes Athletic 5-2 Redcar Newmarket
Stokesley Sports Club 0-1 Grangetown Boys Club
Thornaby Dubliners 3-0 Guisborough Town Res

North Riding Football League First Division
Loftus FC 2-5 Middlesbrough Rovers
Redcar Athletic Reserves 1-3 TS1 Tees Valley Tigers
Stokesley AFC 1-2 Stokesley Sports Club Reserves
Thirsk Falcons 3-1 Great Ayton United Royals
Whitby Fishermans Society 2-1 Loftus Athletic

Sunday 20th January
North Riding Football League Under 19 Division
TIBS P-P Coulby Newham

North Riding County Cup
Redcar Newmarket 2-0 Nunthorpe Athletic

Stockton West End continue to lead the way, in the North Riding League Premier Division, after another narrow victory on Saturday. The league leaders were annoyed at their finishing but still struck three times, through Josh Haley, Gaz Poole and Elliot May. Second-bottom hosts BEADS replied twice, both goals from Robson Jinks.
Six points further back, but with a game in hand and vastly-superior goal difference, are Boro Rangers. Ben Wheatley’s men strengthened that with a double-figure humbling of Kader. The third-bottom home side actually led, however, without a recognised keeper, they had no answer to Rangers’ Dan Lockwood, who blasted five goals of his own. Stu Rose also picked up a hat-trick, with Matty McQueeney bagging a brace and Richard Cook making it eleven to the unstoppable away side.
Thornaby Dubliners are third after a comfortable success over Guisborough Town Reserves. Anton Buchan’s strike and Tom Atkinson’s brace made the difference in a 3-0 victory.
Yarm & Eaglescliffe stay fourth after edging a thriller at old rivals St Marys 1947. Jamie Cotts netted twice for Saints, but goals from Elliot Longstaff, Jack Dalton and Elton Gray saw the Eagles edge home, 3-2.
Bedale continue their good showing back in the top flight with a 3-1 win over fifth-placed Redcar Town. Goal-less at half-time, it took just seconds after the break for Dale to break the deadlock as Mikey Stevens struck. However, Matthew Sullivan converted a Town penalty on the hour to level. Stevens, though, quickly fired Dale back in front and Joe Martin made sure, ten minutes from time.
Fishburn Park returned to winning ways with a 4-1 defeat of bottom club New Marske. Dan Brown struck before Alex McGovern netted. An own goal and Callum Halley’s goal saw the Whitby side home. This despite playing the whole second half with ten men after Luke Storr’s red card. Kai Matthews hit New Marske’s consolation, with the visitors having Robbie Farrier dismissed as it finished ten versus ten.
Park’s near neighbours Staithes Athletic continued their excellent form with a 5-2 win over Redcar Newmarket. A hectic opening saw Marcus Wood start the scoring for Redcar on 10 minutes. Connor Hood hit back immediately for Staithes, within two minutes. Leon Bellerby restored Newmarket’s lead on 15, before Hood’s free kick on 25, levelled it up again at 2-2. Staithes started the second half as the better team and Hood completed his hat-trick on 54 minutes. A brilliant strike from Richie Playforth, on the hour, extended the home team’s advantage and Ryan Cane wrapped the game up with the fifth, five minutes from time.
Grangetown Boys Club are going well still but had to battle for a 1-0 win at Stokesley Sports Club. Ryan Emmerson struck the decisive goal for the visitors.
In Division One, Stokesley Sports Club Reserves were successful by the same margin, over local rivals Stokesley Athletic. It was Athletic who went ahead, inside eight minutes with Sam Wilson striking, but a brace from James Alderson saw the league leaders home. Alderson netted on 13 and 27 minutes. James Brodie-Myers saw his penalty saved, with keeper Nick Lappin making several other terrific stops in the second half.
Thirsk Falcons went within two points of second-placed Great Ayton United Royals with three games in hand, after defeating the Royals 3-1. Caleb White netted for Ayton, but strikes from Josh Duffield, Gareth Barber and Chris Everingham.
Tees Valley Tigers are on the same points, having played a game more than Thirsk, in fourth. Jake Lance’s goal proved a mere consolation for hosts Redcar Athletic Reserves. Isam Benomran, Conor Bagan and Danish Hussain netted for the Tigers.
Whitby Fishermens Society are also worth watching, they kept up their good form with a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Loftus Athletic, at Lythe Sports Field. Chris Morrison scored for Loftus, who finished with ten men, after Brandon Harriss’ sending off. The Fishermen took the spoils though as James Armstrong and Dan Brown struck.
The battle of the bottom two saw Middlesbrough Rovers leave the basement for the first time, this season, at the expense of hosts Loftus FC. Dan O’Brien and Connor Saunders both bagged braces, with Lewis Dawson also on target as Rovers enjoyed a 5-2 victory. Josh Elliott scored both the home side’s goals.
There was one clash on Sunday, in the North Riding County Cup, an all NRFL semi-final saw Redcar Newmarket grab a final spot. They defeated Nunthorpe 2-0 with Leon Bellerby and Mark Graham notching to book a final with Scarborough Athletic Under 19.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.