Results and reports- Sat 16th & Sun 17th Feb

Saturday 16th February 2019
North Riding Football League Premier Division
Boro Rangers P-P Redcar Newmarket
Guisborough Town Res 3-1 Grangetown Boys Club
New Marske 0-6 Kader
Staithes Athletic 0-0 BEADS
Stockton West End 6-0 Stokesley Sports Club
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 1-1 Bedale Athletic
St Marys 1947 4-3 Fishburn Park

North Riding County Cup Semi-Finals
Redcar Town 0-2 Thornaby Dubliners

North Riding Football League Division One
Great Ayton United Royals 1-3 Whitby Fishermans Society
Stokesley Sports Club Reserves 2-3 Stokesley AFC
Redcar Athletic Res 1-0 Lingdale Village
Thirsk Falcons 6-0 Middlesbrough Rovers
Loftus Athletic 6-1 Loftus F.C

With second placed Boro Rangers’ clash with Redcar Newmarket postponed, Stockton West End extended their advantage at the top of the NRFL Premier with a 6-0 win. West End saw off Stokesley Sports Club comfortably thanks to goals from Jake Large, Sean O’Brien, Michael Stuart, Gaz Mitchell and Michael McLaughlin’s brace.

Yarm & Eaglescliffe stay third after battling to a 1-1 draw with Bedale. Sean Mackin’s superb free-kick put Yarm ahead just before the half hour. However, Bedale levelled midway through the second half when Scott McNichol slotted in a penalty after a foul on Joe Martin.

There was a seven-goal thriller as St Marys 1947 edged home 4-3 against Whitby side Fishburn Park. A tremendous last ten minutes saw the Middlesbrough outfit come from 3-2 down with Jamie Cotts netting twice. Mike Hillary and Ryan Todd were also on the scoresheet. Sam Richardson, Al McGovern and Jimmy Organ-Simpson found the net for Fishburn.
Kader took a step towards safety while condemning bottom club New Marske to another defeat, this time by six goals to nil. The prolific Carl Williams blasted a hat-trick, with Richard Mills converting two penalties and Michael Hoyland grabbing the other.
Guisborough Town Reserves enjoyed a return to form as they surprised Grangetown Boys Club 3-1. Anthony Jones netted for the visitors, but goals from Dominic Harrison, John Howard and Soni Fergus saw the Priorymen home.
BEADS and Staithes Athletic drew a blank in the division’s other game as Gary Sivills’ Staithes extended their unbeaten run to five matches.
Thornaby Dubliners booked their place in an all-NRFL North Riding County Cup Final with victory at Redcar Town. Tom Atkinson broke the deadlock midway through the first half. Russell Spence then crashed home the winner, on the hour mark. Dubs will meet Yarm & Eaglescliffe in the final clash.
There was a shock in Division One as Stokesley AFC stunned local rivals and league leaders Stokesley Sports Club Reserves. Jack Munroe put AFC ahead with a ninth-minute wonder goal from 40 yards. Jordan Smith equalised ten minutes later, but AFC regained the lead when keeper Dom Yeates smashed against Joe Howe as he charged the gloveman down and the ball flew into the net. Nine minutes into the second half, Yousuf Bennett finished a neat move to level again. But AFC weren’t done and Ste Drinkwater nodded home for a 3-2 victory.
Second-placed Thirsk Falcons have now closed the gap to a single point with a game in hand after a 6-0 thumping of basement side Middlesbrough Rovers.
Redcar Athletic Reserves enjoyed a 1-0 success over Lingdale Village, thanks to Joe Bennett’s goal.
Whitby Fishermens are a place below in sixth but with a ton of games in hand and just two defeats in the league, so far, they’ll fancy their chances of pushing the promotion places. They won 3-1 at third-placed Great Ayton United Royals. Sam Dowey put the visitors ahead only for Ayton to level through Mark Shimwell. Not to be denied, however, Mark Jones’ men regained the lead with Dowey bagging again, James Armstrong then put the result beyond doubt with the Fishermens’ third.
Loftus Athletic also had a comfortable win, over local rivals, Loftus FC, 6-1. George Jackson scored for FC, while Athletic notched through Jordan Rowe’s four-goal blast and further strikes from Callum Brundle and substitute Chris Morrison.
There were two games in the Under 19 Division on Sunday. Thornaby and Ingleby Barwick bounced back from last week’s top-of-the-table defeat to see off defending champions Guisborough 3-1. The other clash was all square as Redcar Newmarket and Grangetown fought out a derby draw. Stu Thomson netted for Newmarket, with James Waldon on target for Boys Club.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.