Results and reports- Wednesday 20th, Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March 2019

Wednesday 20th March, 7.30pm
North Riding County Cup

Thornaby Dubliners 2-2p Yarm & Eaglescliffe (at Stokesley Sports Club FC)

North Riding Football League Premier Division
Redcar Newmarket 2-3 Guisborough Town Res (at Redcar Town FC)

Yarm & Eaglescliffe edged past neighbours Thornaby Dubliners on penalties to take the North Riding County Cup at Stokesley Sports Club, on Wednesday night. Matty Jenkinson and leading scorer Sean Mackin had netted in normal time, but strikes from Dubs’ Anton Buchan and Tom Atkinson ensured it would take spot kicks to separate the sides.

In the league’s top tier, Redcar Newmarket lost out by the odd goal in five at Redcar Town FC. Lee Jefferson and Calum McNally struck for Newmarket but visitors Guisborough Reserves won it with goals from Luke Bythway, John Howard and Paul Young.

Saturday 23rd March

North Riding Football League Premier Division
Fishburn Park 0-1 Redcar Town
St Marys 1947 2-1 Kader
Staithes Athletic 3-2 New Marske
Stokesley Sports Club 2-1 Guisborough Town Reserves

Lou Moore Trophy
BEADS 2-5 Grangetown Boys Club
Boro Rangers 3-0 Yarm & Eaglescliffe
Redcar Newmarket 3-6 Bedale
Stockton West End 3-0 Thornaby Dubliners

North Riding Football League First Division
Loftus Athletic 8-0 Stokesley AFC
Middlesbrough Rovers 1-7 Whitby Fishermens Society
Stokesley Sports Club Reserves 3-0 Tees Valley Tigers
Thirsk Falcons 0-1 Redcar Athletic Reserves

Sunday 24th March
North Riding Football League Under 19 Trophy

Redcar Athletic 4-0 Guisborough Town
Seaton Carew 1-4 TIBS

Stokesley Sports Club took a big step towards North Riding League Premier safety as they defeated Guisborough Town Reserves 2-1. Youngster Sean Spozio notched for the Priorymen,  but goals from Joel Gordon and Shayne Ketley sealed Stokesley success.

A five-goal thriller combined with Stokesley’s win, sees basement side New Marske now mathematically unable to escape the bottom two. It was neighbours Staithes Athletic who condemned the strugglers to defeat, by three goals to two. Ryan Cane hit two for Athletic and Connor Hood continued his scoring streak with a third. The visitors replied through Jack Smith, who set up Dom Wilson for a second.

Elsewhere, Redcar Town are up to fifth after edging out top-half rivals Fishburn Park. Luke Nicholson’s penalty was saved by Fishburn keeper Kieran Noble, but Stu Poulter continued his run with the winner late on.

St Marys 1947 ended any relegation fears while increasing Kader’s concerns with a 2-1 win over their rivals. Man of the match Andy Herbert’s last-gasp strike saw the Saints home, Ben Cotts had netted for them earlier to cancel out Jamie Colmer’s goal.

We now know the final four sides for the Lou Moore Trophy. The semi-final line-up will feature the top tier’s top two as leaders Stockton West End defeated local rivals Thornaby Dubliners 3-0. Gary Mitchell, Jake Large and Chris Peacock were all on target for West End.

Second-placed Boro Rangers took out third-placed Yarm & Eaglescliffe by the same score. Jonny Squires bagged a brace with Dan Lockwood adding a third.

Bedale and Redcar Newmarket shared nine goals with Dale coming out on top. The top tier newcomers were 4-0 up at half-time and cruising towards victory after Dale Robinson’s 14th-minute own goal, followed by three strikes in seven minutes near half-time. Dan Caisley struck before two goals in as many minutes from Josh Fullarton and Callum Fletcher. Danny Puckrin pulled one back for Newmarket, ten minutes after the interval, with Jon Quinn making it 4-2, ten minutes from time. Ross Hodgson put the result beyond doubt on 89 minutes, with Caisley grabbing his second and Chris Hope’s last-gasp own goal a mere consolation.

Grangetown Boys Club also won by three goals, as they won at BEADS. Callum Hickman hit two, with Mark Ward, Ben Martin and Ryan Emmerson also on target for the Boys Club. Robson Jinks and Nathan Konya replied for their Middlesbrough hosts.

The promotion race in Division One continues to intrigue. Stokesley Sports Club Reserves lead the way after defeating rivals Tees Valley Tigers 3-0. Charlie Brady put Stokesley ahead on 14 minutes, with Matty Lazenby doubling their advantage, just after the half hour. Brady then sealed things, midway through the second period.

Thirsk Falcons lost ground as they now trail by four points, in second, after a surprise 1-0 home defeat to Redcar Athletic Reserves. Jake Lance was the man on target with the winner.

Whitby Fishermens are up to third after thumping Middlesbrough Rovers, 7-1. Phil Spencer struck a hat-trick, with Sam Dowey hitting two, Ian Smith also netted, as well as Karl Storr.

Loftus Athletic were the big scorers, however, as they thumped Stokesley Athletic 8-0. Jordan Rowe smashed in four, Lee Preston and skipper Calum Brundle both bagged braces.

Sunday’s Under 19 Trophy action saw Thornaby & Ingleby Barwick take out Seaton Carew 4-1. Jack White netted for Seaton, but strikes from Leo Bullock, Aiden Middleton, Panashe Mwamba and Nathan Bradshaw eased TIBS to victory.

Josh Bennett (2), Joe McGlade and George Stevenson scored for Redcar Athletic as they brushed aside Guisborough Town 4-0.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.