Results and reports- Sat, Sun & Weds- 30th & 31st Mar & 3rd Apr

Saturday 30th March
North Riding Football League Premier Division

BEADS 0-0 Kader
Bedale 3-1 St Marys 1947
Boro Rangers 11-0 New Marske
Redcar Newmarket 1-0 Redcar Town
Staithes Athletic 2-2 Stockton West End
Thornaby Dubliners 1-4 Grangetown Boys Club
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 6-0 Stokesley Sports Club

North Riding Football League First Division
Stokesley AFC 1-6 Lingdale Village
Tees Valley Tigers 5-2 Loftus Athletic

D & G Trophy
Thirsk Falcons 1-3 Whitby Fishermens Society

Sunday 31st March
North Riding Football League Under 19 Trophy

Seaton Carew 1-5 Grangetown Boys Club
T.I.B.S P-P Guisborough Town

North Riding Football League Under 19 Division
Nunthorpe 1-2 Redcar Athletic

North Riding County Under 19 Cup Final
Redcar Newmarket 1-9 Scarborough Athletic

Wednesday 3rd April
North Riding Football League Premier Division

Fishburn Park 1-1 Guisborough Town Reserves
Grangetown Boys Club 3-1 Redcar Town
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 1-4 Boro Rangers

Boro Rangers have cut Stockton West End’s lead to just a single point after a 4-1 win at County Cup winners Yarm & Eaglescliffe, last night.

Rangers notched through ex-Thirsk striker Stu Rose’s brace, with Clayton McDonald and Robbie Keenan also on target. Yarm’s response came from winger Matty Dixon.
Elsewhere, Grangetown’s good form continued as they defeated Redcar Town 3-1. An own goal set the Boys Club on their way, with Ben Martin and Jon Stott putting daylight between them at their rivals. Town notched through an own goal at the other end.

Fishburn Park took the lead through influential midfielder Sam Richardson, but the Whitby side had to settle for a point as Dominic Harrison netted five minutes from time for Guisborough Town Reserves.

Rangers had cut Stockton West End’s lead at the top of the North Riding Premier to four points, with three games in hand, on Saturday. Ben Wheatley’s men crushed BEADS 11-0 to further strengthen their dominant goal difference. Stu Rose fired four, Dan Lockwood hit a hat-trick and there were further goals from Jamie Bellamy, Jonny Squires, Jack Guy and Paul Blake.
Gary Mitchell gave West End the lead midway through the first half, at Staithes Athletic. However former Whitby Town striker Sam Calvert equalised on the stroke of half-time. The game took a twist when Stockton’s Michael McLaughlin was sent off after 55 minutes after bringing down Calvert as the last man. West End showed great character and Sean O’Brien restored their lead within ten minutes. But Staithes rallied and Calvert equalised again with ten minutes to go. The Staithes marksman was denied a late winner with a fantastic save.
Redcar Newmarket won a typically-hard-fought derby with Redcar Town. Just one goal separated the sides as Newmarket’s Chris Coward netted.
Third-placed Yarm and Eaglescliffe thumped Stokesley Sports Club 6-0. However it took until late in the first half for Jack Dalton to break the deadlock with a powerful near-post drive. Matty Jenkinson’s 14th of the season made it two, before the returning Marshall Thorogood scored the first of his two. Top scorer Sean Mackin made it four, with Liam Forster’s deft chip and Thorogood’s second completing the scoring.
Grangetown stunned Thornaby Dubliners 4-1. Ryan Emmerson struck twice, with Ben Martin’s finish and an own goal piling on the misery for Dubs. This despite Russell Spence actually putting Thornaby ahead inside four minutes.
Bedale beat St Marys by three goals to one. Two of them came in the space of two minutes around the midway point of the first half. Dan Caisley’s penalty was soon followed by Jack Stapley’s strike as Dale made a flying start. Mikey Stevens made it three before half-time, ensuring Ryan Todd’s goal on the hour proved a mere consolation.
Strugglers BEADS and Kader cancelled out each other as they battled to a goal-less draw. The derby point does take second-bottom BEADS within a point of Stokesley and they look to be locked in a two-horse-race to avoid relegation.
Whitby Fishermens made it to the final of the D & G Trophy after their winning run continued at First Division promotion rivals, Thirsk Falcons. Karl Storr, Jake Faichney and Dan Brown’s goals booked the Lythe-based outfit a clash with Great Ayton United Royals or Stokesley AFC.
In NRFL Division One, Tees Valley Tigers kept up their hopes of progression in their maiden season. Tigers defeated Loftus Athletic 5-2, despite goals from Callum Brundle and Lee Preston. Tees Valley smashed in five with goals shared by Mark Banks, Paul Banks, Ali Benomran (with a penalty), Andy Parkin and Ahmed Sharif.
Elsewhere, Lingdale Village thumped hosts Stokesley AFC 6-1.
On Sunday, Redcar Newmarket’s Under 19s were also well beaten in the final of the North Riding County Cup. Scarborough Athletic defeated them 9-1, Sam Keogh with Newmarket’s goal. Redcar held Scarborough 0-0 for 41 minutes.
In the one NRFL Under 19 league game, title-chasing Grangetown won 5-1 at Seaton Carew.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.