Saturday 6th April

North Riding Football League Premier Division
Guisborough Town Reserves 2-7 Stockton West End
Kader 1-3 Fishburn Park
New Marske 1-6 Redcar Town
Stokesley Sports Club 2-3 BEADS

MacMillan Bowl Quarter Final
Bedale 2-4 Yarm & Eaglescliffe
Middlesbrough Rovers 0-16 Boro Rangers
Redcar Newmarket 0-3 Grangetown Boys Club
Staithes Athletic 1-2 Thornaby Dubliners

North Riding Football League First Division
Tees Valley Tigers 3-3 Lingdale Village
Whitby Fishermens Society 0-2 Thirsk Falcons

D & G Trophy
Great Ayton United Royals 2-0 Stokesley AFC

North Riding Football League Premier leaders Stockton West End emphatically returned to winning ways at Guisborough Town Reserves. Gary Mitchell hammered in a hat-trick, Sean O’Brien hit two, with Jake Large and Chris Peacock also on target. Josh Trimble and Marcellus Kerr scored for the Priorymen.

Third-bottom BEADS leapfrogged Stokesley in the battle for survival after a thrilling 3-2 victory over their rivals. Joel Gordon’s goal and a Shayne Ketley penalty found the scoresheet for Sports Club, but BEADS won it thanks to twin strikes from McGill and Alex Brown netting.

New Marske are already down and Redcar Town were in far from compassionate mood at the strugglers. Ryan Bennions hit four in a 6-1 demolition. Stu Poulter and Chris Jackson completed the visitors’ scoring.

The other top flight tie saw Whitby side Fishburn Park enjoy a 3-1 win at Kader. Harry Roocroft scored but that was as good as it got for the Middlesbrough outfit. Nathan Storr scored and Adam Warrilow bagged a brace.

The last eight of the MacMillan Bowl saw four of the top six advance. Top flight title-chasers Boro Rangers were the big winners, thumping First Division strugglers Middlesbrough Rovers 16-0. Dan Lockwood bagged a double hat-trick, with Jonny Squires enjoying a relatively sedate treble. Jamie Lisle hit two, with further goals from Robbie Keenan, Clayton McDonald, Joe Woods, Phil Horsman and Jamie Bellamy.

Yarm and Eaglescliffe also progressed after a six-goal thriller at Bedale. Sean Mackin put Yarm ahead on 16 minutes, only for Mikey Stevens to level just before half-time. Matt Dixon but the visitors back in front, nine minutes into the second period, but Col Anderson equalised seconds after the restart. Cameron Wild put Yarm in front for a third time, midway through the second half, with Will Turnbull’s injury-time penalty sealing victory.

Goals from Arran Scott and Arran Newman settled a tight affair at Staithes Athletic. It was visitors Thornaby Dubliners who progressed 2-1 on the North Yorkshire coast.

In-form Grangetown are the fourth side through as they shrugged off Redcar Newmarket 3-0. Mark Ward, an own goal and Anthony Jones’ goals were enough to see the Boys Club through.

Great Ayton United Royals succeeded in the D & G Trophy, at home to First Division rivals Stokesley AFC, 2-0.

In Division One itself, Thirsk Falcons took a big step towards promotion after wiping out Whitby Fishermens’ winning run with a 2-0 victory.

The day’s other clash saw Tees Valley Tigers held at home by Lingdale Village in a six-goal affair as Falcons rubbed their hands with glee. Village’s goals came from Reece Kelly, Paul Round and Michael Dowse.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.